The SPOT Adopt-a-TrailProgram has been a successful means for community friends to help maintain and sustain the Salida Trails. The Trail System is divided into thirty four (34) sections; many sections are currently adopted and some are not. If you are interested in adopting a Trail Section, please review the following Trail Sections for availability and the accompanying Adopt-a-Trail Map and Maintenance Information, then contact Cheryl Brown-Kovacic at 719 539-5372.
SPOT Adopt-a Trail volunteers are fortunate to be included in the annual AHRA Clean-up Green-up held in May each year. You are also asked to keep an eye on and maintain your trail and participate in trail projects that involve your section.
Adopt-a-Trail Program Trail Maintenance Information
Thank you for helping to maintain your trail system. Keeping our trails in good condition is as important as their construction. For your guidance, we have prioritized the duties necessary to keep your assigned section of the trail in good order.
- Pick up all trash and dispose of it properly.
- Remove or cut any weeds impinging on the trail right of way.
- Clean and remove any pet waste on or adjacent to the trail.
- Water all trees, shrubs, and plants that are not native to the trail corridor.
- Remove any graffiti on trail or signs.
- Check for damaged or missing signs. If damaged signs can not be repaired on the spot, please make a note of it in the space provided.
- Check for damage on the trail itself.
Please contact SPOT with any problems, concerns or desires for trail section improvements.
Wayne Sawyer, SPOT Adopt-a-Trail Coordinator
Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area
2. Monarch Spur (1st-2nd St.)
Earle Kittleman family
16. 120 Trail (water Plant to Poncha Springs)
Not built yet